Super Duper Wicked Easy Amazing Balsamic Dressing – BAM!
Written by H.
Sunday, 30 December 2012 01:53
OK, it sounds like I am exaggerating here but I am not. I stumbled on this recipe by accident. It’s not my recipe. It’s quick and easy and by far the best tasting dressing I have ever had. AND as an added bonus it is the perfect chicken marinade. Or steak for that matter. I always have some on hand.
Bottled salad dressings can contain some nasty chemical additives that are just unnecessary. With a recipe this easy & delish, why not try it? You won’t be sorry.
Credit goes to Emeril Lagasse for this recipe.
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar (there are some good balsamic vinegars at Whole Foods that won’t break the bank, I use Lucini – $5 for 16.9 ounces)
- 2 teaspoons dark brown sugar, optional* (I use a tablespoon)
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (I use Celtic Sea Salt (highly recommend for it’s superior taste and mineral content)
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper (fresh ground is best!)
- 3/4 cup olive oil
Beat the vinegar in a bowl with the optional sugar, garlic, salt and pepper until sugar and salt dissolves. Then beat in the oil by droplets, whisking constantly. (Or place all the ingredients in a screw-top jar and shake to combine.) Taste and adjust the seasonings. Makes a smidgen over a cup of dressing.
And just like that – BAM! Done. First time I served this my mother in law said “This is a ridiculously good dressing, what is it?”
Try it. Let me know!