Apple Cider Vinegar for Warts? Worked for Us!
Written by Helga
Monday, 17 October 2011 09:41
If you have kids, you have probably dealt with warts. I know, I know – yuck! The worst is when your kid gets a wart on their finger, then bites their nails or puts their fingers in their mouth.
My daughter got a wart on the end of her finger and is fighting a nail biting habit, so I had to jump on this ASAP. I got on the internet and looked around for a more natural way to get rid of warts. What kept showing up as a successful way to get rid of a wart? Apple cider vinegar! I love apple cider vinegar, so many uses. So, I gave it a try.
Here’s what you will need:
- Apple cider vinegar – I recommend Braggs or some other organic brand. It isn’t expensive.
- Q-tips/cotton swab
- Band Aids or skin bandage tape, in the band aid section – I prefer the skin bandage wraps, they stay on better
- Cotton balls
Here’s what to do:
- Using the Q-tip or cotton swab, swipe vaseline AROUND the wart to protect the surrounding skin from irritation
- Break off a tiny bit of cotton ball. Dip into apple cider vinegar
- Place soaked cotton piece onto wart
- Secure with skin bandage wrap
- Leave on overnight
- Clean well in the morning, apply a band aid to keep clean all day. No need to do the apple cider vinegar during the day, just keep wart covered so as not to spread or encourage picking. This will potentially spread the wart virus.
- Repeat every night until you see it start to die. You may use tweezers to gently pry off the wart pieces as they shed. Make sure to disinfect tweezers with alcohol before and after.
My daughter had no problem with pain, though if you scout around online, some warts are stubborn, some have been rooted in place for a long long time and will resist your efforts. It might take longer. Apple cider vinegar is a mild acid so with prolonged use it may sting or hurt – but so do many methods of removal. Patience and consistency is key!
Here is my daughter’s finger after two days of treatment: (note: the middle of the wart had come loose, so we just picked it out with tweezers just before this picture was taken)
Here is her finger 8 days later:
There are several YouTube how-to videos as well from many people who have successfully gotten rid of their warts with apple cider vinegar.
Good luck! Email me with any questions you may have.